Robert E. Spitzer, Esq.
Robert is a seasoned litigator who maintains a varied litigation practice. He is involved in all aspects of suits alleging medical malpractice, premises liability, nursing home negligence as well as commercial litigation. He has been designated Trial Counsel in medical malpractice actions and business disputes. In addition to state and federal actions, Robert is involved with appellate work, defending successful lower court decisions. Robert continues to be active within Seton Hall University School of Law and serves on the Alumni Council. Robert has multiple publications through his serving on the Board of Editors of Medical Malpractice Law & Strategy and he has lectured at the Annual NJ Medical Malpractice Law Seminar.
In 2013, Robert was appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court to serve a four year term as a Member of the District V-C (Essex County) Fee Arbitration Committee. In 2017, New Jersey’s Supreme Court appointed Robert to serve a four year term as a Member of the District XA (East Morris and Sussex County) Ethics Committee.
Since 2011, Robert has been recognized and included in the list of New Jersey “Rising Stars”, which is published annually in New Jersey Monthly magazine by Super Lawyers. Only 2.5 percent of the lawyers in New Jersey named to Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars list.
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Drew University, B.A.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D.
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey “Super Lawyers, Rising Stars” 2011-2018
- Canlar v. Estate of Emmanuel Yacoub, M.D., No. A- 1303-17T1 (Super. Ct. App. Div. July 24, 2018)
- Onyekaomelu v. University of Medicine & Dentistry, No. A-4448-15T4 (Super. Ct. App. Div. January 5, 2017)
- Kang v. Yang, No. A-1257-14T3 (Super. Ct. App. Div. May 9, 2016)
- Zinn v. Chalom, 2013 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 2065 (Law Div. Aug. 15, 2013)
- Hayes v. Nestor, No. 09-6092 (NLH/AMD), 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 130259 (D.N.J. June 24, 2013)
- Saracino v. Toms River Reg’l High Sch. E., No. A-0957-08T2, 2009 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 2623 (Super. Ct. App. Div. Oct. 20, 2009)
- Fletcher Creamer & Son, Inc. v. Pa. Mfrs. Ass’n Ins. Co., No. A-0470-08T3, 2009 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 2106 (Super. Ct. App. Div. Aug. 4, 2009)
- Van v. Borough of N. Haledon, No. 05-5595 (JLL), 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 52221 (D.N.J. June 17, 2009)
- Integrated Health Res., LLC v. Rossi Psychological Grp., P.A., 537 F. Supp. 2d 672 (D.N.J. 2008)