Gary L. Riveles, Esq.
Gary L. Riveles is a certified civil trial attorney whose practice focuses on the defense of medical malpractice, products and premises liability, and health-care related employment issues.
A Founding member of MacNeill, O’Neill and Riveles, Mr. Riveles received his JD in 1994 from Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark. He is admitted to practice in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Riveles has significant Trial and Appellate experience having argued many cases before the State and Federal Appellate Courts, including many cases involving birth injury or trauma. Additionally, Mr. Riveles is a frequent lecturer for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Lorman Education, and other organizations. He is regularly asked to address physician groups and hospitals on a range of topics related to medical malpractice. He serves on the editorial board of Medical Malpractice Law and Strategy, a national newsletter. Mr. Riveles also serves on the Medical Malpractice Committee of the New Jersey Bar Association.
Since 2009, Gary has been recognized and included in the list of New Jersey “Super Lawyers”, which is published annually in New Jersey Monthly magazine by Super Lawyers. Only 5 percent of the lawyers in New Jersey are named to Super Lawyers.
- State of New Jersey
- State of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, New Jersey Third Circuit
- Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, B.A.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- New Jersey and Union County Bar Associations
- Member, Litigation Counsel of America
- Certified Civil Trial Attorney
- New Jersey “Super Lawyers” 2009-2017
- Betancourt v. Trinitas Hospital, 415 N.J. Super. 301 (App. Div. 2010)
- Cho v. Park, 443 N.J. Super. 461 (App. Div. 2015)
- Edwards v. McBreen, 369 N.J. Super. 415 (App. Div. 2004)
- Grecco v. UMDNJ, 345 N.J. Super. 94 (App. Div. 2001)
- IFA Ins. Co. v. Atlantic Mut. Ins., 331 N.J. Super. 217 (App. Div. 2000)
- In re Baby T., 160 N.J. 332 (1999)
- In re Grant of Charter School Appl., 164 N.J. 316 (2000)
- In re the Adoption of Baby T, 311 N.J. Super. 408 (App. Div. 1998)
- In re the Adoption of N.J.A.C. 9A:10-7.8(b), 327 N.J. Super. 149 (App. Div. 2000)
- In re the Appl. of Our Lady of Lourdes Med. Ctr., 1997 N.J. Agen. Lexis 545 (1997)
- Johnston v. Muhlenberg Regional Med., 326 N.J. Super. 203 (App. Div. 1999)
- Kimmel v. Dayrit, 301 N.J. Super. 334 (App. Div. 1997)
- Kimmel v. Dayrit, 154 N.J. 337 (1998)
- Komlodi v. Picciano, 217 N.J. 387 (2014)
- Lodato v. Kappy, 353 N.J. Super. 439 (App. Div. 2002)
- Matynska v. Fried, 175 N.J. 51 (2002)
- Moore v. Schering Plough, Inc., 328 N.J. Super. 300 (App. Div. 2000)
- Proske v. St. Barnabas Med. Ctr., 313 N.J. Super. 311 (App. Div. 1998)
- Saks v. Ng, 383 N.J. Super. 76 (App. Div. 2006)
- Tindal v. Smith, 299 N.J. Super. 123 (App. Div. 1997)
- Vitrano by Vitrano v. Schiffman, 305 N.J. Super. 572 (App. Div. 1997)